# Get Involved
If you would like to help run our events, we post event volunteer opportunities on Slack.
# Becoming a Member
Anyone can attend our events but an eligible student may become a SUMS member for additional benefits.
- Eligibility to become a staff member or officer.
- Invitation to team building events.
- Discounts on merchandise (e.g. mathematics graduation stoles).
- Membership until graduation.
- Must be a registered UCSD undergraduate student (of any major).
- Within one quarter (no carryover):
- Attend (and sign in to) two SUMS events (can include GBM).
- Attend (and sign in to) three SUMS board meetings.
- Submit a member application after meeting member requirements. New applications will be reviewed at the end of every quarter.
# Becoming a Staff Member
A SUMS member may become a staff member for further involvement with SUMS. A staff member is one level above a member and one level below an officer in terms of level of involvement. Staff members help officers run the organization and often become elected as officers in the future.
# Perks (on top of member perks)
- Eligibility to vote in elections.
- A term that lasts until the end of the academic year.
- Must either be a member or have met member requirements by the application deadline.
- Submit a staff member application after meeting member requirements. New applications will be reviewed at the end of every quarter.
- Assist the officers in running the organization. Complete tasks volunteered for or delegated by the officer board.
- Attend all board meetings and events planning meetings.
# Becoming an Officer
Our officer board consists of the following positions in order of succession:
- Vice President Internal
- Vice President External
- Events Chair
- Workshops Chair
- Publicity Chair
- Tech Chair
See our constitution for info on elections and descriptions and duties of each office.